ABOUT THE MEETING AAHC,NIGERIA 2016
We take pleasure in informing you that the 3rd ALL AFRICA HORTICULTURAL CONGRESS (AAHC 3) will take place from 7-12 August 2016, at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Ibadan. The Congress will be hosted by the Nigerian Society for Horticultural Sciences and will take place under the aegis of the International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS).
Prof. Isaac O.O. Aiyelaagbe,
CONVENER (Department of Horticulture, College of Plant Sciences (COPLANT), University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria).
ABOUT THE MEETING
The meeting will run between Sunday 7th August 2016 (Arrival) and Friday 12 August 2016 (Closing and Departure). The temperature during this period will be 25 – 30oC. It will be humid.
- Most participants will arrive Nigeria through the Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Ikeja Lagos. On arrival, members of the Local Organising Committee will be on hand to receive you whatever time of the day your flight arrives. Kindly inform Dr. Akin Akintoye firstname.lastname@example.org of your itinerary well ahead of time. Contact him too if you need consular assistance.
- You can choose to travel to Ibadan (about 2 ½ hours drive from Lagos) using the following options:
a). Direct to Ibadan through the IITA bus shuttle (you have to indicate this preference in your registration sheet and pre-pay the extra hire fee).
b). If will you arrive late at night, then you will need to sleep overnight in Lagos and proceed to Ibadan the next day. See the website for possible hotels in Lagos or you may choose to use the IITA Guest House in Ikeja, Lagos and proceed to Ibadan in the IITA shuttle. Seek further help from Dr. Akin Akintoye <email@example.com>
c). Travel direct to Ibadan using the Congress shuttle.
d). Make your own personal arrangements eg. hire an airport taxi.
- In Ibadan there is an assortment of accommodation options within and around the venue to choose from. Please inform Dr. Akin Akintoye firstname.lastname@example.org well ahead of arrival of your preference he will give you more facts to make an informed choice about your accommodation during the Congress.
- The Congress will feature an assortment of parallel activities so you can choose where you would like to be any time during the Congress; no dull moment! The line up includes Scientific symposia (there are nine subthemes to choose from); oral presentations, side events, poster sessions, photo competition and the Congress Dinner.
- There will be one day of parallel field trips/excursions to the seat Ancient Oyo Empire, The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta and a private horticultural farm in Lagos State.
- There are four registration options; full registration, 1-day registration $ 255, 2-days registration $360, and student registration (full time students) $325. Please read carefully the contents of the package before making your choice.
- Please ensure that you take all required vaccinations and a health insurance before embarking on your trip.
We look forward to receiving you…