“Lenses on African horticulture”
The 3rd All African Horticulture Congress, slated to hold 7-12 August 2016, will like to showcase the importance of horticulture, especially perspectives in the various aspects for horticulture in the lives of ordinary citizens in Africa. To this effect the Local Organizing Committee is organizing a photo competition.
The competition is opened to amateur and professional photographers with a special category for seasoned journalists.
Participants from the entire world are welcome to participate, however all photographs should be taken in Africa and related to the African horticultural context, in accordance to the themes stated below.
- Farm to Table: How we get our edible horticultural products, handling, packaging and marketing
- Fruitful Harvest: Focusing on abundance and waste in the horticultural production sector
- Flowers a viable SME business (the use of flowers across the continent for ceremonies, decoration or landscaping)
- Traditional medicine (herbs and their healing effect)
- Horticulture improving urban landscapes and lives
Photographs with appropriate titles, contestant name and contacts should be uploaded in “jpeg.“ format on online photo competition form. Competition opens on February 1st, at 12:00 pm (UTC/GMT + 1 h). Details of the rules can be consulted here
The number of entries is limited at 3 per contestant.
No internet-downloaded pictures will be accepted. A final verification will be done at the last selection step and internet-downloaded pictures will be disqualified
Sponsorship is welcomed from interested corporate bodies.
The decision of the Panel of Judges for the competition is final